PL/SQL Packages Advantages
- All related function and procedure can be grouped together in a single unit called packages.
- Package is reliable to granting privileges.
- All function and procedure within a package can share variable amoung them.
- Package enables to perform "overloading" of functions and procedures.
- Package improve performance by loading the multiple object into memory at once, therefore, subsequent calls to related program do not required physical I/O.
- Package is reduce the traffic because all block execute all at once
Components of Packages
- Specification: It contain the list of various fuctions procedure names which will be a part of the package.
- Body: This contains the actual PL/SQL statement code implementing the logics of functions and procedures declared in "specification".